Thursday, February 17, 2011

maybe ... this is all we have ....

a smile ...
a kiss ...
a hug ...
a touch ...
a laugh ...

a text that says mwah
a memory that reminds
a chat box that says hey

These are the things that remind me of you ... no pictures, no tangible things that I can hold on to. Memories ... mere memories that make me smile like a fool ... that I question from time to time.

Is this real?
Am I creating it all in my head?
Will this  last?
Will it lead to something good?
Will it just die a natural death?

You say I ask too many questions. I know I do. They just pop into my head ... and they give birth to so many other questions. You think I ask too many questions but I have not asked you even half of what is on my mind. I refuse to. I know that I have no right to ask them.

Are you real?
Are you lying?
Am I wrong to believe?
Am I right to doubt?

Moments ... this is all we have ... memories ... this is all that I have. Maybe this is all that we will have ... maybe, just maybe, it will lead to something more ...

* random thoughts while listening to Need You Now by Lady Antebellum

2 comments:

  1. Thoughts and emotion of the soul.
    Funny it seems but the writer understands its meaning.

    I love poetry for short. keep up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. I will ... I hope to write more ...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Let's all try to add more positivity in this world and adhere to the saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say, keep silent."

Showering you with unicorn poop so you'd always stay magical! Heart heart!