Monday, April 5, 2010

7 years later ...

and this still brings tears to my eyes ... I actually cried for a minute or two. It's so heartbreaking ...


It is a liberating feeling, finally letting go of something you’ve held
to your heart for so long.

I finally let go of her yesterday, after months of beating around the bush, I finally let go. Not even Atlas felt as good when he handed the world over to Hercules for a bit. A great weight has been taken off of my shoulders and I finally feel like I can move around again, and explore. In fact, I'm thinking of working on a cruise ship next as "the next thing to do to add to my life experiences".
Not that I left the past behind without a tinge of regret. On the contrary, my eyes were blinded by tears going through letters she’d written for me. But for the first time in my life I looked at those letters and remembered good times, and the gut wrenching feeling of wanting to go back in time was merely the tiniest echo of what it had been before. This is new to me. I have made a career out of living in the past, and this is the first time I can look back and just smile. It was a wonderful, magical love that will forever hold a place in my heart. And it comforts me that I could love someone that much, and vice versa. But that’s over now, and life moves on. Now I’m finally moving along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Let's all try to add more positivity in this world and adhere to the saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say, keep silent."

Showering you with unicorn poop so you'd always stay magical! Heart heart!